TEAM BUILDING EVENT - Dragon boating is a fun team-building activity that promotes both mental and physical teamwork!
Programming & Resource Commitments:
SFDBC will provide the following (if there are more than 16 in your group, we will take out more than 1 boat. We can host up to 40 in our three boats):
- 1 dragon boat(s).
- 1 coach and tiller.
- Paddles and personal flotation devices (PFDs) for all participants.
- Liability insurance for all paddlers.
- Waivers (to be completed and signed prior to event).
Your Organization commits to the following:
- Minimum Number of Paddlers: 5 (For safety, we do not take out the small boat with fewer than 6 paddlers, including the coach)
- Waivers: Distribute, collect and deliver completed waivers for all participants.
- No alcohol consumption prior to paddling: For everyone’s safety, no one who has consumed alcohol in the previous 8 hours will be allowed in the boats.
- Communicating the following with your Team before the event:
- Dragon boating is a fun team-building activity that promotes both mental and physical teamwork. While we will not ask anyone to exert themselves more than they feel comfortable, dragon boating is a racing sport; paddlers will be encouraged to exert physical strength and endurance while having fun on the water.
- The lake can be busy in the summer. It is imperative that paddlers obey coaches and tillers at all times, as immediate response may be required to avoid hazardous situations.
- What to wear: Dress in exercise-type clothing as if it is 10-20 degrees warmer than the current temperature. Wear shoes or sturdy sandals that can get wet.
- Paddlers should expect to get wet. Dragon boating is a water sport! Novice paddlers tend to splash water while learning the proper technique. Prior to the event, SFDBC will provide guidance on what’s best to wear while paddling.
- $25.00 per paddler (minimum of $250) (Check payable to SFDBC to PayPal on the Donation page under "Contact Us")
- 20% discount available for Educational and Non-Profit Organizations, subject to verification ofeducational/non-profit status ($20 per paddler / $200 minimum).